Tuesday 21 June 2011

my slimming world journey

Well this is a blog of my slimming world journey,i have decided to write it all down, day by day, so that when i have bad days i can look back and read and remember about my good days, as this journey will be long


I am not just on a quick fix diet to lose a stone or too, i need to lose arounD 7.5 stone now to be in "normal" range, and i know it will take along long time to get there.


I have lots of help and support, so where do i start, well if i am honest it started between xmas and new year just gone (2010) i was off work with depression, and in a really down frame of mind, i had fallen out with my mum and dad, we didnt speak to eachother even at xmas, i was really sad about that, and on new years eve for a mad 60 seconds i felt like i never had before, i took a knife and said to my other half that i felt like i wanted to kill myself, i have NEVER ever felt so low ever before,it lasted all of 60 seconds, i had some wild thing going on in my head that if i did do something like that i could be with my Grandma,the woman i had lost a few years ago, be with my best friend who died when we were 21, as i dropped the knife i cried and cried and cried, i came to a point where i knew i was so unhappy with myself that only i could change it, so on new years eve i rang my Dad and made friends with my Mum and Dad,even invited them down on new years day for tea!!!! after they had gone i felt like a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders, i felt so much happier.


NOW I KNEW I HAD TO MAKE MYSELF HAPPY!


There was still a long way to go, and i knew i was totally unhappy with my weight, and that was a big part of the depression,so i joined slimming world, took the bull by the horns and went, the class i went to was ok, i lost 8 lb, but then stopped going, as i didnt feel i had the support people talked about from slimming world classes, until i hadn't been for 4 weeks, then the consultant rang me to ask how i was, it was too late at that point, i had made the decision to go elsewhere, still with slimming world, as i loved the diet!


So anyway, my sister in law had opened a new group, and she had opened it in the Jan when i joined sw, but i was too embarrassed to go, i didnt want family or friends knowing how much i weighed, but then i realised that it was the best thing to do to keep me on track! 
so off i went and joined, bought a 12 week countdown!!!! 
there was no going back


I have really enjoyed the journey so far, the weight loss has been slow, but i am enjoying it, and could eat how i do now forever, so if it means slow then it stays off then i am happy with that (even if sometimes i say i am not)


i am half a pound off my 1 stone award, i haven't been for the last 2 weeks, as i have been ill and one week my other half had the car,and this week i was at work! 
so when i go back on monday i AM expecting a gain, but i know why, it has been my other halves birthday, we had 3 meals out (with friends at diff times) a takeaway on his bday, and with being ill (had an ear infection, on antibiotics) so i didnt eat to plan! i am gutted with myself, but i am 100% back on plan now


So i have decided to write all about it each day (if i cannot update everyday then i will do as often as i can)


well today is the first day of a new week, and it has been good, i have the day off work, as i had a hypo this morning (i am a diabetic) and it has worn me out, but i am ok, and ready to grab the bull by the horns and fire up this journey again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment